Designed for "the chef's grip"
A unique handle created for “the chef’s grip”
Designed in Sweden, made of Sandvik Steel
Optimal hardness for all-round kitchen work
Protective canvas sheath included
Blade length 191mm (7,5")
Peek inside a chef’s knife hand and you will find a patch of calloused skin on the base of the index finger. That’s because of the “chef’s grip”, professional cooks hold a knife in such a manner that the index finger rubs against the upper edge of the blade.
This is an innovative secret behind our knives from PS: With the help of outstanding chefs and designers we were able to create a unique handle/blade that spares index fingers during long working hours. Try it!
The rounded blade of the knife results in a smooth motion when chopping. There is no repeated, irritating “thunk” when the cutting motion is carried through.
Softer steel is more forgiving if you cut into bone or bend the blade, but harder steel can be honed to greater sharpness. The steel in PS knives is medium hard, 56-58 HRC.
BLADE MADE FROM 85% RECYCLED STEEL
At Professional Secrets we are passionate about only having the best raw materials possible in the kitchen – this applies to the Sandvik steel in our knives, too. It is a sustainable material with a long lifecycle. What's more, the steel in our knives is recycled to about 85%.
TIPS FROM THE PROS INCLUDED:
With every product from professional Secrets comes a booklet with tips and knowledge on how to get the most out of your kitchen tool, like a pro. Some examples:
- Let the weight of the knife do most of the job when chopping.
- Work on your technique: Let the tip of the knife rest on the cutting board as you chop.
- Use the honing steel regularly. A pro would not even consider working with a blunt knife.
- Keep clean and always dry after washing.
- Material: Blade – Sandvik® SanEdgeTM Steel, hardness 56-58 HRC
- Handle – Glass fiber, sheath – canvas
- Dimensions: Blade length 191mm (7,5"), total length 328mm (12,5")